Tuesday 24 June 2014

Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe.

Gooday Maties. I have been cooking this Vegan Carrot cake now since January when I decided to become a Vegan and wanted something yummy in the fridge to snack on with a cuppa instead of a choco biccie and I thought it was about time I shared it with you all..

I have been Vegetarian pretty much my whole life but only became Vegan in January 2014 for a number of reasons. Health, IBS, cruelty to animals and so on..

Ingredients:

225g Grated, Uncoocked Carrot
170g Sultanas
280g Self Raising Flour
170g Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Ginger
200g Vegan Marge (I use Pure or Vitality)
200ml Orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

(Cream Icing)

115g Vegan Marge (seperate from the 200g above)
170g Icing sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence

1. Mix Sugar & Marge together, mix
2. Add grated Carrot & Sultanas mix
3. add Orange juice, mix
4.add flour, spices &Vanilla, mix
5. spread in a tray (I use a lasagne/pasta bake dish) LOL
6. cook on 170 fpr about 20 minutes or untill you stick a knife in the centre & it comes out clean :-)

7. Leave to cool on the side and make the cream icing by micing all 3 ingredients together untill a smooth cream is made, apply ontop and enjoy!

This recipe makes a rather large family size cake so if you ojly want for 1 or 2 people I would advice halfing the ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment